Marketing: The Best Articles and Expert Resources
The marketing and advertising industry is a multi-trillion-dollar colossus with exciting professional opportunities. But for people looking to begin their journey in marketing, it’s impossible to know where to start. There are just too. Many. Articles. And, frankly, too many boring articles.
That’s where we come in. We have tapped into the expert’s volt, and have sifted through years of blog posts, and watched every Nike ad since sneakers were invented to bring you a 10-step guide to the best resources in the marketing industry.
- What you won’t find here: Fluffy listicles that tell you what you already know, like “it’s all about authenticity.”
- What you will find: Insightful case studies, videos, articles, and more that people in the industry actually use to make them better professionals.
Let’s get started!
1. Industry basics
- What is marketing? Seth Godin explains in a few hundred words.
- Breaking down the 41 different types of marketing, from guerilla marketing to email marketing.
- Why marketing is important, even if companies don’t think it is
- All the marketing terms there are to know
- The great debate over in-house vs agency marketing
- What is a marketing funnel and why should you care?
Stay up to date
- A list of 10 marketers to follow on social media
- The best collection and analysis of real-world marketing examples
- Use the Alexa page rank Chrome extension from Amazon to see how websites rank in terms of traffic
- Keep tabs on what’s trending with Exploding Topics
- Here’s an excellent guide to the actual job titles and salaries that make up a typical marketing career path